GCET or Goa Common Entrance Test is a test conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Goa for admissions to professional undergraduate degree courses like MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm and B.E. Based on GCET score the admission is offered to various government and private colleges.
| GCET Snapshot
|Mode of Exam||Offline: Pen and Paper|
|Courses Applicable For||MBBS, B.D.S and B.E.|
|Registration Begins (For GCET 2015)||March 23, 2015|
|Registration Deadline (For GCET 2015)||April 1, 2015|
|Exam Date||May 5 and May 6, 2015|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1500|
|Duration||2 Hours for each paper|
|Sections||1. Physics 2. Chemistry 3. Mathematics/ Biology|
|Accepted By||Medical and Engineering Colleges of Goa|
| GCET Eligibility
1. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
2. Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam this year are also eligible to apply.
3. There are no age restrictions for the GCET.
4. Candidates appearing for MBBS test must be minimum 17 years of age.
| GCET Application Process
- The application form (Form A) is to be downloaded from the official website.
- Application form is to be filled by the candidate correctly.
- Candidates can submit the fees through demand drafts.
| GCET Associate Colleges
GCET score is accepted by medical and engineering colleges of Goa.
- Goa Medical College
- Goa Dental College & Hospital
- Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Goa College of Engineering
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engineering
- Don Bosco College Of Engineering
- Angel Institute of Technology
- Goa College of Architecture
| Exam Pattern
Question Types: The GCET is a objective multiple choice question based test. Each question will have 4 alternate answers out of which only 1 is correct.
Duration: 2 Hours for each paper
Marking Scheme: 1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer. There is no negative marking.
Sections: The paper consists of 3 sections:
3. Mathematics/ Biology
|Section||Date of Exam||Number of Questions|
|Physics||May 5, 2015||75|
|Chemistry||May 5, 2015||75|
|Biology||May 6, 2015||75|
|Mathematics||May 6, 2015||75|
The paper will be based on syllabus of Class XI and class XII from CBSE and state boards. Detailed syllabus is provided on the official website.
| Sample Papers
Sample Papers can be obtained from here.
| Coaching Institutes for GCET
You can check out Coaching Adda for the best coaching institutes for GCET in your city.
You can check your GCET result on the official website.